SUPREME COURT OF INDIA- JUNIOR COURT ASSISTANT(57 VACANCIES)
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA- JUNIOR COURT ASSISTANT(57 VACANCIES)
Online applications are invited from Indian citizens who fulfill the following essential qualifications and other eligibility condition as on 1.12.2016 for preparation of a panel for filling up 57 vacancies anticipated up to 31.12.2017 for the post of Junior Court Assistant (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazette Post) placed in Level 6 of Pay Matrix with initial Basic Pay of Rs. 35400. The approximate Gross Salary as per existing rate of allowances including HRA comes to Rs. 43758/- p.m. (pre-revised pay scale PB-2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-).
The number of vacancies is tentative and firm number of vacancies will be determined in due course.
Essential Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised University. Minimum speed of 35 w.p.m. in English Typing on Computer. Knowledge of computer operation.
Candidates should not be below 18 years and above 27 years of age as on 1.12.2016. Usual relaxation in age will be admissible to SC/ST/OBC/Physically challenged/Ex-Servicemen and dependents of Freedom Fighters as per Government Rules. There will be no upper age limit for those departmental candidates who are having 3 years regular service in this Registry. However, no relaxation in age will be allowed to the candidates working in other Government departments etc.
Reservation in direct recruitment for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically Challenged shall be in accordance with the Rules, Orders and Notifications issued from time to time by the Government of India in respect of posts carrying the pay scale corresponding to the pay scale prescribed for the post of Junior Court Assistant, subject to such modification, variation or exception as the Chief Justice may, from time to time, specify. Reservation for dependents of Freedom Fighters shall be in accordance with the orders issued by the Chief Justice of India.
Scheme of Examination/Selection
The eligible candidates will have to appear in the tests in the following subject:-
- Objective Type Question paper with multiple choice answers containing 100 questions (consisting of 50 General English questions including comprehension section, 25 General Aptitude questions and 25 General Knowledge questions) 2 hours
- Objective Type Computer Knowledge Test (25 questions)
- Typing (English) test on Computer with minimum speed 35 w.p.m. (mistakes allowed 3%) 10 minutes
- Descriptive Test (in English Language) consisting of Comprehension passage, Precis Writing and Essay Writing 2 hours
Those candidates who qualify in the Written Test, Objective Type Computer Knowledge Test, Typing Speed Test on Computer and Descriptive Test will be required to appear for an Interview before an Interview Board and qualify the Interview by securing minimum qualifying or more marks. After qualifying in prescribed tests and interview, the selected candidates will be empanelled in the order of merit for appointment as Junior Court Assistant. The candidates may note that mere placement in panel does not confer any right on the candidates to claim appointment for the post of Junior Court Assistant.
Registration of application and payment of fee:
Eligible candidates are required to apply online for which the link is provided through Supreme Court Website, www.sci.nic.in. The application will be accepted through online registration only which is likely to start from 11-2-2017. Candidates will be required to pay non-refundable Application/Test Fee of Rs. 300/- for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 150/- for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PH candidates plus bank charges through online mode only. Fee shall not be accepted in any other form. No postal application shall be accepted. The fee shall be paid online through payment gateway provided by UCO Bank.
Closing Date for online applications:
The starting date for online registration of application is 11-2-2017 at 00.00 hours and last date thereof is 10-3-2017 at 24.00 hours.
- The candidates applying for the post of Junior Court Assistant should ensure that they fulfill the prescribed eligibility conditions for the said post. Their admission at all the stages of examination viz. Written/Typing/Computer Tests and the Interview for which they are admitted by this Registry will be purely provisional subject to their atisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions by way of furnishing documentary proof in support thereof. The checking of identity of candidate and verification of documents will be done on the date of interview. If on verification at any time before or after the said test/interview, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature for the examination shall stand cancelled without any notice or further reference.
- The candidate is required to scan his/her photograph having 5 cm height and 3.8 cm width (size upto 50 kb) in JPG format and signature having 2.5 cm height and 5 cm width (size upto 50 kb) in JPG format for uploading the same at relevant space on the online application form.
- The candidate is required to fill up the required data in the application and make payment of fee online in accordance with the instructions displayed on the link provided for the purpose.
- After successful completion of online application form, candidates will be able to preview his/her duly submitted application. Candidates are advised to get a printout of the filled up application of his/her record. Printout of filled up application need not be sent to the Registry.
- The candidate should retain his/her Application number carefully for generation of admit card from the link to be provided on the website of Supreme Court of India and for any other information regarding prescribed Tests/Interview.
- Candidates are advised to visit Website of Supreme Court of India for update regarding the post of Junior Court Assistant at regular intervals.
- In case candidate submits more than one application form, he/she must note that application which is submitted in last will only be entertained by the Registry. No correspondence requesting to accept previous application(s) will be entertained by the Registry.
- Candidates must note that fee once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances even in case where fee for more than one application form has been paid by a candidate. The candidature of General/OBC candidate paying application fee as prescribed for reserved category will not be taken into consideration.
- No request for change in category filled in online application form will be entertained.
- APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED.
- The Physically Challenged candidates will be extended the same concessions/facilities as are allowed by SSC/UPSC in Written and Typing Tests conducted by them.
- No TA/DA will be payable to the candidates for appearing in the tests/interview.
- 13. No Admit Cards will be sent by post. The candidates are to download Admit Card for all stages of Test from Supreme Court Website.
- The dates of the Objective Type Written Test, Typing Speed Test on Computer, Descriptive Test and Interview will be notified on the Supreme
Court website i.e. www.sci.nic.in.
- The Registry reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment process, if needed, without issuing any notice.