Call for Papers: National Seminar on Baloch [March 25-26, Lucknow]: Submit by March 15
NATIONAL SEMINAR (Multidisciplinary) on BALOCH: HISTORY, CULTURE AND THEIR ASPIRATIONS
Sponsored by Indian Council of Historical Research & University Grant Commission
The Baloch are an ethnically and historically distinct people, with an unique ethno-linguistic identity, inhabiting 375,000 square mile region, roughly the rise of Egypt along the Persian gulf, and are found in the modern states of eastern Iran, Afghanistan and South-west Pakistan.
Etymologically, Baloch is derived from Sanskrit word Bal, meaning strength, and och i.e. high or magnificent.
The fact that the Baloch are facing serious human rights violations, horrendous violence against women, humiliating their socio-cultural and ethnic rights, and that too by state, directly or indirectly, it is nothing but erga-omens.
The seminar is an attempt to explore Baloch nationalism through their history, culture and their aspirations.
Event Date: 25-26 March, 2017
Venue: Department of History, Dr. Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University, Mohaan Road, Lucknow-226017
The seminar invites research papers along the following sub-themes.
Papers on an aspect not listed below but broadly related to the central theme can also be presented.
Abstract of paper, in 250 words, must be submitted on or before March 15, 2017 as mentioned in the brochure.
Theme-I: Baloch People: Historical Perspective
- Origin, Homeland and History
- Baloch Demography : Issues and Concerns
- Baloch History : From Ethnological Perspectives
- Conflicts, Violence and Cultural Hegemony : Narratives in Baloch History
Theme- II: Baloch Region: Archaeological Perspective
- Pre-History & Historical Archeology of from Baluchistan Region
- Evidences of Cultural Contacts from archaeological Findings
- Archaeological Linkages: Evidence from Baluchistan Indus Region
- Archaeological Findings from Indian and other Central Asian Region
Theme- III: Baloch Society: Cultural and Religious Perspective
- Baloch Literature, Languages, Writings and Arts
- Baloch Narratives: From Baloch Poetry
- Baloch Society : Cultural Continuity, and Distinctness
- Linguistic Conflicts in Baloch Region : Issues and Concerns
- Baloch Aspirations in Religious and other Social Movements
- Ethnic Conflict and Cultural Linkage
- Baloch Folk Traditions
Theme-IV: Baloch Aspirations: Socio-political Movements towards Nation-State
- Baloch Social Movements towards Nation-state
- Baloch Nationalism: A Socio- political Uprising
- Baloch Nationalism and its Geo-political Ramifications
- Rising of Baloch Nationalism and re-positioning in Regional Foreign Policy
- Media and Aspirations of Baloch People
Theme-V: Law, Legal System, Human Rights and Baloch Nationalism
- Baloch Legal System: Locating Baloch Aspirations in Law, Custom and Traditions
- Baloch Nationalism and responses from Imperial Legal System
- Law, Custom and Rights of Indigenous People: An Example from Baluchistan
- Baloch Nationalism: Responses from International Legal Order
- Law and Protection of Natural Resources: A Baloch Narration
Theme – VI: Baluchistan: From Socio-Economic Perspectives
- Baloch Economy : From Pastoralism to Nationalism
- Baloch Movement : A feminist Concerns
- Baloch Population : A perspective from Human Development Index
- Ethno-Nationalism and its impact on Baloch Economy
Theme- VII: Baloch Community in India: Reminiscence from Past and its Interlinking
- Geographical Location of Baloch in India
- Baloch in India: Inheritance of Culture, Assimilation and Progression
- Indian National Freedom Movement & Contribution of Baloch
For Details CLICK HERE